Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Atonement

Many years ago, I did a terrible thing. I won't go into the details. It is enough to say that I caused terrible, undeserved pain while in the depths of the blackest period of my depression. Through my own neglect, I caused pain. There are many reasons but no excuses.

Now I am being called to pay for this pain I caused. I can't go back and undo it, but it's time to give up my pound of flesh. I think the blood I saw on the tree today was a part of it, a sign, a reminder that I have never truly sacrificed to make up for the terrible thing I did.

So now I need to work out where that pound of flesh will come from and to whom it will be paid.

I am planning to begin the work as the tides change at the end of this month. I will pay what I owe and ask for forgiveness. I hope that by doing this, I will be able to forgive myself as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment