Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Card Game

When it comes to divination, I'm a simple kind of gal. I usually either use a pendulum and grid or toss some stones and bones on a painted altar cloth. Although I have always loved the imagery of the tarot, I've never actually worked with a deck. I don't know why. I guess I just never really felt like I needed it. A long, long time ago, I was given a Hanson-Roberts deck. I would play with it occasionally, but I never really learned how to use it. I lost it in a move years back. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Lately, I have been feeling a distinct push to get myself a new deck and see where it leads me. Maybe I've been reading too much Golden Dawn stuff. I find the complex correspondences of astrology, Qabala, and the tarot fascinating, even though I have little interest in astrology (other than occasionally reading a horoscope or two and ranting about how it doesn't fit) or Qabalistic cerermonial magic. In any case, I feel like it would be fun to get into, so I broke down and got myself a deck.

This one to be exact: The Easy Tarot. I bought it mostly because it uses The Gilded Tarot, which I find really lovely:

but also because it's for beginners. I have a feeling I will be discovering my own meanings for the cards rather than following the book, but I'll take all the help I can get. i hope to start an on-going series of tarot meditations here after the deck arrives.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment